Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Selection Criteria : Psychiatry Programs Match 2008

Hi guys and gals,
I hereby post the selection criteria for the Psychiatry programs. Hope you had a look at similar lists for Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. If not, go to the Menu on the top of this page. Psychiatry is a 'life-style specialty' with minimum work hours and a better pay (If you calculate the pay per hour during residency). But the main disadvantage is the long 4 year residency in Psychiatry when compared to the other IMG- friendly specialties like Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Pediatrics which are just for 3 years.
As I had already mentioned in my previous posts, the data on selection criteria are up-to-date and were gathered few weeks back only. I collected the data by emailing programs and visiting their websites. I could not get the details for few programs. I was planning to ring them up and get the selection criteria of those programs. But as most of you needed the list urgently, I hereby post the details which I have gathered till now from emails and websites. Please click on the images below to enlarge.
After analyzing the data, I realize that there are a considerable number of programs sponsoring H1b visa for Psychiatry as well. Though I have mentioned the application deadlines for programs, most of the programs shut down much earlier than that once their interview slots get filled. So apply asap.
1 year USCE (US clinical Experience) mostly do not include observerships and externships.
Though logically incorrect, i have used 1 attempt as 1 failure. So wherever you find no attempt, it means no failure.
Some programs do not include observerships as USCE.
H1 transfer does not mean sponsoring or initiating H1 visa

Here are some of the abbreviations I have used:
ECF - ECFMG certification
ECF by int - ECFMG certified by interview
att- attempt
att(1+2) : total attempts including step 1 and 2 ck
US- US clinical experience needed
PM - prematch
y G - years from Graduation
pos- positions (only categorical.Excluding preliminary positions)
ROL - Rank order list
Res- Research
pref- preferred
occ- occasionally
couples- programs which participate in couple's Match
'?' means to be verified.

app- deadline for application


P.S :
I invite you to join our
yahoo group "usmle rockers". Let's unite and rock this Match. Just click here to join. Let's discuss about the tips and tricks for the Match, Interviews, USMLE steps etc and etc. Also you can receive updates regarding my new posts and blogs. Orkutians! click here to join our community "USMLE ROCKERS".

Please do not hesitate to leave your valuable comments below this post. If you have any additional information, please let me know.

Page 1 : Alabama to California (Contd..)




Page 2 : California to Iowa



Page 3 : Kansas to Nevada



Page 4 : New jersey to North Carolina (Contd..)




Page 5 : North Dakota to Texas ( Contd..)




Page 6 : Texas to Wisconsin

4 Comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi USMLe Rocker,

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post . I have responded to your comment.

Peter (Blog*Star)
Alternatives to AdSense

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post How to change the width of content, main column, sidebar. I have responded to your comment.

Peter (Blog*Star)
Dummies Guide to Google Blogger
"online book" in progress

Anonymous said...

Really fantastic work man...
but any idea were we can find the scores of PGy1 resident who got the these psychiatry program...

USMLE info said...

Hi,
Thank you very much. I am sorry that might not be possible now.